Thursday 6 February 2014

Rainbow Wishes

Hi guys

I'm back with a very quick card tonight.  Less is More is one of my favourite challenge blogs and I try to take part as often as I can, although I have missed a few lately.  They are currently celebrating their 3rd birthday and I wanted to link up before the deadline tomorrow.  And to celebrate they have a really great colour challenge this week which is...
RAINBOW

I also decided to combine this challenge with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge where their theme this week is 'Can You Repeat That?', and they want us to use some kind of repetition on our cards.

So, here's what I came up with...



This didn't take very long at all.  I drew a pencil line across the card and marked a central point before stamping the candles.  I erased the pencil marks once the ink had dried.  I then stamped the sentiment with the purple candle nestling in the corner but the card looked a bit off balance so I added a row of stamped dots to bring everything together, I think it works!

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Penny Black - Salutations; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Say It In Style; Hot Off The Press - Stamped Stitches
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cardinal, Orange, Canary, Fresh Green, Cyan and Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black

I want to say a really big thank you and welcome to my newest followers, I have just hit 50 (as well as more that follow on Bloglovin').  Thanks so much for your support and I hope you find some inspiration from my designs.

Right, I really must go to bed, an early night is long overdue!

Night all 


5 comments:

  1. Great combination of those two challenges, Anita! Your rainbow is wonderfully CAS for LIM and perfect for a OLC, as well. (It's like a coded message, isn't it?!!) Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time!
    This is so simply, but just lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your sweet row of birthday candles and in rainbow colors too, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are punchy, the layout is beautifully balanced and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Would really work nice for a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...