Friday 4 April 2014

Spiral Happy Birthday

Hi guys

I've become a bit of a weekend stamper these last few weeks and haven't found much time throughout the week to get anything made but I'm here today to share a card I quickly made last night for a few challenges, one of which is ending in a few hours, so I'm cutting it fine again.  I wanted to wait until now to photograph it now that we have a bit more daylight into the early evening...don't you just love the start of British Summertime :)

So here it is, very simple, and I wanted to have a play with one of the word dies I recently purchased from Clearly Besotted, I love their squiggliness - obviously that's not a real word but I'm using it anyway! :)


I very simply stamped the spiral of dots three times in different colours before cutting out the word die and adhering this on top.  I then finished by stamping the sentiment and rounding off the top corner.

I would love to know how you go about sticking down fiddly bits like these word dies.  I used Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue which worked pretty well but I did get a few small splodges where I didn't want it!

Materials used:

  • Stamp: Inkadinkado - Circle and Dots; Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sand Beige, Mint, Raspberry; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Happy Word Die
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Calypso Coral; white cardstock from stash
  • Tonic Corner Rounder

Challenge Entries:
Less is More - Week 165 - Round and Round
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #89 - CAS
ColourQ - Challenge #235




















We've finally got some sun this afternoon and this evening which is very welcome after a very wet week here in the South West.  The weekend isn't looking too good though but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend whatever you're up to.

Bye for now

11 comments:

  1. OMG - I love those CB word dies and they're all sold out! Every day, I'm stalking their website hoping not to see the little red signs on them! lol! Love the simple way you've used it - can't wait to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome :) I love how u used the colors to make this CAS perfection. Thank you for sharing with ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the spirals with the die cut sentiment! Thanks for joining us at colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those dotty spirals (must check them out). Super colours and layout. I really like this card. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    BTW - I use a glue pen to stick down the thin die cuts like this - it works quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and gentle CAS card Anita and the font of the "Happy" is lovely. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita i love the spirals! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting this time.
    This is another great one Neet!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is FABULOUS! Love the simplicity of it, but there is lots of "movement" with the spirals! I use a Sakura Quickie glue pen (I get them online at Ellen Hutson) to glue down those wee words! So happy you played with the CQC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute design on this! I love it! Great colors, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...