Thursday 29 May 2014

Just Because

Hi there

I'm back with my second card for this evening, and yet another butterfly card!



I wasn't really sure what I was trying to create when I started this one, it was one of those cards that just evolved as it went along.

I started by cutting a white panel and a slightly larger panel in sand coloured cardstock.  Before adhering the two together I used a leaf die to cut out and use the negative image from the white card, allowing the sand colour to show through from behind.  Next I stamped the sentiment in black and then adhered the layered panel to the card base.  I then used a butterfly die to cut out the two colours and cut two more from vellum.  I glued the vellum to the coloured butterflies in the centre then once dry I added some Doodlebug Sprinkles and gently manipulated the vellum wings to add some dimension.

Materials used:
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents and Elegant Butterflies
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Elegant Butterflies
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock
  • Vellum from stash
  • Doodlebug Sprinkles: Ladybug and Blue Jean

Challenge Entries

Less is More - Week 173 - Die Cut
Dream Valley - Challenge 82 - Thing with Wings
Colour Throwdown #294 - Colour challenge











Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.  That's it for today.  I'm now off to bed as I'm feeling sorry for myself with a stinker of a cold so I need to go and get cosy and hope I can sleep better than I did last night!

Take care


7 comments:

  1. And another beautiful card those butterflies just 'pop' and the vellum layer looks amazing.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another pretty butterfly one!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Love the kraft background peeking through the negative space on your cardfront. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love how you used the negative die cut! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to be so late commenting on the die cut challenge
    Another super stylish creation!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you have a special place in your heart for those cards that just create themselves using your hands? I love it when that happens. Obviously, these sweet butterflies were ready to take flight. I love them, especially against the kraft and white. This one took my breath away, Anita! Hugs, Darnell (P.S. Thank you for your kind comment at my place! I can't wait to see your NBUS creation!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...