Monday 22 September 2014

This Card = Photography Hell! :D

Hi guys

I had a great idea the other day and decided to have a play with one of my new stencils with translucent embossing paste.  A fab idea, until I tried to photograph it - what a complete and utter nightmare that was!

Here's the card, detailed in three photos so you can hopefully see what's going on! haha




I started by masking a circle off the edge of a panel of white cardstock and then stamped the various images in bright colours.  I then applied translucent embossing paste through a diagonal striped stencil.  The paste is semi-opaque when first applied but it does eventually dry clear.  Once dry I adhered the panel to the card base using 3D foam strips.  I then messed about for ages trying different die cuts to add a sentiment but nothing looked quite right so I decided to leave it blank.  Perhaps I should have stamped a sentiment before applying the paste! Hey ho, hindsight is a wonderful thing!  I love the effect of the glossy embossing paste but it's just so difficult to show it well in a photo.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches - Reflections
  • Ink: Versa Color - Fresh Green, Orange, Raspberry, Lagoon Blue, Imperial Blue
  • Stencil: MFT Mix-ables Stencil - Diagonal Stripes
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver - Translucent

Challenge entries:

Let's Craft and Create - Challenge #96 - Anything Goes
Paper Smooches SPARKS - September 21-27 Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #90 - Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - Stencil Revolution 
Craft Your Passion - Challenge #232 - I Can See Clearly Now (use something transparent)


As always, thanks so much for your supportive comments, I appreciate each and every one :) 



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colours you have chosen. Thank you for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect too :-) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog!!! Come by again any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job photographing the translucent paste, Anita! I love the fun colors you chose for your flowers and leaves, too...Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cool card! I love that look with the clean embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks fab as it is, no sentiment needed. And your photos really show the embossing well. It is so hard to show them in one photo so it helps to do more I think x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Anita ... love the bright colors and fun design. Glad you included lots of pictures ... can really see the embossing paste adds lots of shine and shimmer. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, this is wonderful! I love the effect you created with that paste. So pretty with those bold colors! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool idea! The effect is awesome. (Might have to steal your idea...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever technique (and I think you did a great job photographing it - my sympathies with the effort it cost you, I can totally relate!) Love the colours and the layout of this beauty - it's so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure it was a pain to photograph but it's a very effective look. You captured it well, too. Love the bold colours, the circle element and the shiny stripes...very striking.Thanks for joining our I Can See Clearly Now Challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...