Wednesday 24 September 2014

You Are Beautiful...

Hi there

Please scroll down if you are looking for my ATSM design team card :)

Today, I'm sharing a card that I started late last night.  I stamped the images but my head was starting to bob!  So I decided to colour it with fresh eyes this morning.  I completed it this afternoon, luckily before the natural daylight disappeared from my lounge so I could get a half decent photo :)

I was originally going to frame my image panel with a black mat before adhering to a white card base but, unusually for me I've chosen to mount it straight onto a black card base instead.  Once I'd coloured it in I thought these colours would look great against a black background and as the outline of the stamps and the sentiment are black I think it all ties in nicely.  What do you think?



The hummingbird and flowers are two separate stamps and I've stamped only about a third of the flower stamp and stamped it upside down.  They are from the same Kanban set.  This was a complete bargain.  A local craft shop was closing down recently (probably the only one anywhere near me now apart from Hobbycraft *sobs*) and the owner was selling her stamp sets half price AND buy one get one free!  So this was one of two large stamp sets I treated myself to and at the bargain price of £5.50!  I've stamped the two images in Memento ink and coloured with my FlexMarkers.  I used a rectangular die and then stamped the sentiment before mounting the panel on 3D foam pads.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Kanban - Birds of Paradise; Clearly Besotted - Flight of Fancy
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with FlexMarkers
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Anna Marie Designs - 6" Square Jet Black

I would like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:

CASology - Week 114 - Cue word 'Flutter'
STAMPlorations - September Challenge - Stamps & Markers
D J Kard Kreations - NBUS Challenge No. 2 (Never Before Used Schtuff) - New Kanban stamp set
Inkspirational - Challenge 65 - Word Prompt 'Flight'


Phew, I've never posted so many cards in such a short space of time, and we're only at Wednesday!  Who knows, I may be back with more before the evening is over :)




16 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming, Anita, I never get tired of seeing your cards! And oh, my goodness, this is my favorite card of yours and one of my Top Ten Cards for 2014! You may know I adore hummingbirds so your gorgeous image and sediment against all that black just melted my heart! Your coloring is absolutely flawless!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous card, Anita! Beautiful coloring and stunning CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Anita-these colours are so much more vibrant against the black and such gorgeous colouring. So great you joined us at INk

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful CAS card Anita, a beautiful image and wonderful colours with a fabulous sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's beautiful and your colors are so vibrant! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bird is gorgeous and your coloring is simply awesome! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the drama of the thick black frame and then the bold pops of colour! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card...your coloring is simply amazing, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS elegance! Beautiful card, great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just ADORE Clearly Besotted, and this with the purple, ULTRA lovely!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful colouring, Anita ... the jewel colours are fabulous against the bold black ... just gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning layout and love your choice of colours.
    Thanks for joining us at INKspirational Challenges.
    Pia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Anita...that black frame around the beautifully colored hummingbird is so dramatic and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, Anita! I love the colours you used and the black was the perfect choice - it makes everything pop. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anita. Great idea to mount you stamped and beautifully coloured image straight on black, it really makes your colours pop. What a great bargain too. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...