Saturday 12 November 2016

Less is More Week #302

Hi there

Welcome to new challenge day at Less is More.  And once again it's the turn of our One Layer challenge.  And our theme for you this week is...


Books / Literature


I'll admit, this one stumped me this week, so just one sample for you this time.  And as it's a one layer challenge I decided to make a bookmark...



I started by die cutting a piece of white cardstock using a fishtail flag die.  Next I stamped the bookworm, masked him to stamp the bookshelf, and with the masks still in place I stamped the text background.  I wanted a faded look to the text so once the stamp was inked up in grey I blotted slightly with a paper towel before stamping.  I coloured the bookworm and bookshelf with ProMarkers and Flexmarkers.  The sentiment flag was stamped in turquoise flush with the edge.  I fixed an olive green eyelet to the top to co-ordinate with the worm and threaded some red ribbon through it.  For a finishing touch I added some Glossy Accents to the worm's glasses.

Materials used:
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Bookworm, Bookworm Additions, Background Builder
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versa Color - Turquoise, Sky Gray
  • Coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers
  • Eyelet and ribbon from stash
  • Accents: Glossy Accents

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #219 - CAS



I hope you'll play along this week.  My teamies have created some great inspiration to get you started.  Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.


14 comments:

  1. Making a bookmark is a fab idea for one layer week - I never thought of that before! So appropriate too. I love that bookworm from Clearly Besotted, and the faded text background stamping looks great. Love it! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I just love this cute bookmark and I couldn't have worked that set as well as you have even if I was allowed to use it! Tee Hee! It's a brilliant idea for the theme and hope your sister in law loves it. Enjoy your weekend teamie! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag so cute and I LOVE that sentiment. That is totally me :-)
    I will read almost anything, but epic novels are my fav.
    Thanks for the tip about inks and water splashes.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been smiling at that fabulous little bookworm ever since I first saw your brilliant bookmark. He just looks so excited to get to the next book! There is so much detail on this project Anita. It is gorgeous and such a wonderful interpretation of the theme. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This is my favourite little bookworm stamp. I'm always reading, so this is a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little bookworm and your bookmark is fabulous! I love reading as much as the cute little chap! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable....love your sweet bookworm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What better for a bookworm than a bookmark. This is darling, Anita. Thanks for sharing it at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea to make a bookmark, Anita and you had the perfect stamps for it too! Love the bright colours and the subtle text stamping. It is gorgeous. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this cute little book worm...and to top it off it is a bookmark. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm completely smitten with your bookworm tag, Anita! I *need* those images to make bookmarks for my niece's Gr. 1 class! That would be incredible fun! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is super Anita and what a great idea to make it into a bookmark. I was going to use the same stamp set until I saw your blog post but I couldn't have anywhere near matched your creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bookmark is a perfect addition to book gift. I have a neice that would love this adorable bookworm. So dang adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...